- See more at: http://labstrikes.blogspot.com.ng/2014/12/divide-blog-post-into-pages.html#sthash.8hpLHWXu.dpuf I THOUGHT THAT COMMITING SUICIDE WAS THE ONLY WAY OUT FOR ME, UNTIL I (The story of a UNIBEN genius) ~ THE CELEBRITY DIARY

Follow on Facebook

Monday 16 May 2016

Filled Under:

I THOUGHT THAT COMMITING SUICIDE WAS THE ONLY WAY OUT FOR ME, UNTIL I (The story of a UNIBEN genius)

Movies



My name is Emmanuel, a 23years old student of the great university of benin ugbowo campus. Edo state.

I am a 400level student from the faculty of physical sciences. I believe that everything that happens to us in life is partly a function of the circumstances that surround our birth / upbringing and partly the product of the decisions we made as soon as we become conscious of our environment. Having
knowledge of this fact made me who I am today because I basically had to make all the important decisions that have made in my life alone, without any parental guide.

Speaking of parenting, I am from an Anglican family in Lagos and my both parents are from iruekpen village in edo state. Growing up wasn’t easy, it was hard and the only memories I had was the quality times I had with my three siblings and the few hours I got to spend with my mum on weekends when she is not working. I never had the opportunity to enjoy my father because he is the am always working type who will never have a quality time with his family. The only thing I can say of him are the times he comes back from work late in the night and disturb the whole neighborhood with his horn calling for anybody that is awake to open the gate for him.

Often a time he beats us up at night because we were not awake when he came back from God knows where, and if my mum should interfere he also beats my mum up. Other times he complains about his meal that has gone cold because it has been served for hours and he was not around to do justice to the meal. So I thought that was how family should be ( a circle of bullies and people that don’t care).  Later on during my secondary school days I made some friends then I got to know how other families are. I discovered  that there were families that were built on love and care.

As soon as I discovered that there was more to family, I promised myself that I was going to find my way out of my family to build my own world so I can enjoy the things I never enjoyed as a child. And the only way to get out of the hell-called home my father has created was to get admission into the university, which led to to the great university of benin which I called a solace away from home.
I came into uniben with great dreams and hope, I looked forward to make good friends, I had knew obtaining my BSc wouldn’t be too difficult because the only thing I learnt from home while growing up was that education is the key and as a matter of fact I never took my books for granted, above all I als[ looked forward to getting a girl that will love me totally and I will love with the whole of my heart because my heart was full with love and I need someone to pour this love on, I needed a girl so badly because I thought it was the only way to correct the injury that has been inflicted in my heart over the years.

Luckily for me by the middle of my first semester I met a girl in a girl welcome party that was organized by the faculty exco. Her name was Deborah; she was light skinned, tall, slim with a very nice figure. Infact she had everything I wanted in a woman. I usually call her eye glass girl because she always had this medicated eye glass on, and it was safe to think she was a bookworm like me and for that reason I was not wrong. She loved reading like I did; she is the type that can read her way out of any situation even when she is sad. Debbie as her friends do call her was from a redeemed family and she’s  from delta state.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Topics

Contact us

Magazine

Follow us on FaceBook

 

We are featured contributor on entrepreneurship for many trusted business sites:

  • Copyright © THE CELEBRITY DIARY™ is a registered trademark.
    Designed by Templateism | Distributed by Templatelib